Science communication and outreach
Health researchers acquire a great deal of practical knowledge related to our research, and it is important to seek opportunities to give back to the public, who make our research possible.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, I have been a frequent guest on radio and television programs including CBC Radio’s Metro Morning, CTV News and Global News. I have also been interviewed for numerous stories by outlets such as the Toronto Star, the Globe & Mail and the Canadian Press.
In the past, I have given several presentations to outdoors organizations on the subject of Lyme disease, including practical tips for prevention.
- Let’s Target Lyme: Busting Myths. Barrie Canoe And Kayak Club; 2019 April 8; Barrie, CA.
- A conversation about Lyme Disease. Elora Cataract Trailway Association AGM; 2019 March 24; Elora, CA.
- Lyme disease: Causes, prevention, detection, and treatment. Hike Ontario Summit; 2018 September 29; Orillia, CA.
- Lyme disease: Panel discussion. Hike Ontario Summit; 2016 October 1; Perth Golf Course; Perth, CA.
- What microbes do. Presentation to 4U biology class; 2015 February 17; Centre Wellington District High School; Fergus, CA.